Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanitized content
When I post in the "What Did You Buy Today" thread that represents a purchase that has made it through my own filters that include screening, sector allocation, whimsy etc.

When others post in the "What Did You Buy Today" I assume they have gone through the same process.

When I look at what others post what they just bought I have zero interest in telling people they may have "overpaid" when that would only be according to my own criteria, subjective and objective alike. I have zero interest in being "right".

I also have zero interest in accumulating cash until the time is "right". My goal is to accumulate cash until the commission of a single purchase would be no larger than 0.5% of the transaction. When I have that cash accumulated I run through my screens, my checklists, my gut feelings, and apply that cash in the form of a purchase.

I don't care if you think that's a bad way of doing business. That is my business. I don't care if you think I'm wrong and you're right.

I read every single new post on this forum. I run every stock mentioned through my screeners. Anything that passes the most basic acid test I add to it my "To Research" watchlist. Anything I research that increases appeal I add it to my "To Buy" watchlist. When it's time to buy I run everything ( screener, allocation, gut ) against my current holdings and against my To Buy watchlist. I then buy the best option as determined by no one but me.

Some posters on this forum continuously provide symbols that happen to match up with my criteria. Other posters provide ideas that continuously miss my goals.

In neither case do I praise nor chastise, "right" or "wrong".

Messages In This Thread
Sanitized content - by hendi_alex - 02-05-2015, 09:02 AM
RE: Sanitized content - by benjamen - 02-05-2015, 09:53 AM
RE: Sanitized content - by hendi_alex - 02-05-2015, 10:10 AM
RE: Sanitized content - by EricL - 02-05-2015, 10:12 AM
RE: Sanitized content - by hendi_alex - 02-05-2015, 10:38 AM
RE: Sanitized content - by EricL - 02-05-2015, 10:52 AM
RE: Sanitized content - by hendi_alex - 02-05-2015, 11:17 AM
RE: Sanitized content - by rapidacid - 02-05-2015, 12:49 PM
RE: Sanitized content - by hendi_alex - 02-05-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: Sanitized content - by rapidacid - 02-05-2015, 05:34 PM
RE: Sanitized content - by earthtodan - 02-05-2015, 11:06 PM