Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanitized content
One of the least desirable traits that I sometimes see in investing message boards shows itself as what I'll call an excess of optimism, or more specifically, an absence of critical review of content. Think about it. Those drawn to a particular themed board are filtered by the nature of the board selection process. The more narrowly themed the board, the more homogenous the poster's attitudes and goals. I would prefer to see more lively debate here and less of the 'wonderful bunch of holdings' kinds of comments. Most everyone posting here seems to always have his/her available cash 'burning a hole in their pockets.' It seems that stocks of really good companies are being bought at the most awful time in terms of valuation, yet almost nobody ever says or suggests that.

While the board members are courteous and friendly, there seems to be very little peer review of strategies, selections, alternatives, etc. DG investing is great, but when does some alternative action represent the more sensible move? Is the theme of always accumulating no matter what the price, the most efficient way to accumulate wealth? I guess that the idea of lively debate appeals to me. Is there deep value in the current market? Where can it be found? What cautions must the potential investor consider when investing in that particular area? Which DG stocks are over priced such that they should be tracked, while waiting for a good entry? Is selling puts a good way to buy a favorite issue at a better entry price? Should DG investing be an all or nothing strategy, or would an investor be better served using multiple strategies? These kinds of questions, IMO, would generate much more useful information for the value oriented DG type of investor.

JMO, and I do enjoy this board, visiting the site daily.
Alex

Messages In This Thread
Sanitized content - by hendi_alex - 02-05-2015, 09:02 AM
RE: Sanitized content - by benjamen - 02-05-2015, 09:53 AM
RE: Sanitized content - by hendi_alex - 02-05-2015, 10:10 AM
RE: Sanitized content - by EricL - 02-05-2015, 10:12 AM
RE: Sanitized content - by hendi_alex - 02-05-2015, 10:38 AM
RE: Sanitized content - by EricL - 02-05-2015, 10:52 AM
RE: Sanitized content - by hendi_alex - 02-05-2015, 11:17 AM
RE: Sanitized content - by rapidacid - 02-05-2015, 12:49 PM
RE: Sanitized content - by hendi_alex - 02-05-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: Sanitized content - by rapidacid - 02-05-2015, 05:34 PM