Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtual portfolio modeling
With the SDRL dividend suspension, I sold it out of the high yield virtual portfolio. I also sold MHG since it's another John Fredriksen company.

Replaced those two positions with ESV and KKR.

November dividends have been received and reinvested for all portfolios, and the total returns reflect those dividends.

(11-06-2014, 11:17 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: This will be interesting but I'm concerned if it would be representative of expectations.

None would represent a good diversification of the portfolio and the low number of stocks in each would cause one stinker to ruin the rest of the sector portfolio's performance.

I'll be watching out of curiosity but this will take time to unfold. Do you have a time frame planned for how long you're going to maintain it?

Good luck on keeping up with the dividends along with all the other things going on in life.

True, the lack of diversification makes it not a good representation of any strategy. I kept things fairly concentrated in order to reduce my workload. A real high yield portfolio, of course, would probably include a good 25 stocks or so to diversify the risk. I just don't want to add a bunch more stocks to my radar.

I'll continue the exercise until I get bored of it or life causes me to lose track. Barring those two events, it could go on for years.

Messages In This Thread
Virtual portfolio modeling - by earthtodan - 11-03-2014, 02:27 AM
RE: Virtual portfolio modeling - by EricL - 11-03-2014, 09:31 AM
RE: Virtual portfolio modeling - by earthtodan - 11-03-2014, 09:35 AM
RE: Virtual portfolio modeling - by earthtodan - 11-06-2014, 10:11 PM
RE: Virtual portfolio modeling - by earthtodan - 11-27-2014, 02:05 AM