Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving across the country
I currently live in the Bay Area near San Francisco, and I'm a native to this area. A couple weeks ago my company offered me a job in the Northeast, and today I accepted. It was a very short timeframe in which to make a decision - to leave behind all my friends, family, and routines, in search of new adventures - so my head is kind of spinning. But it didn't take me very long to make up my mind. I'm 32, single, don't own a home, and while I've traveled a bit, I've never lived out of state. I'm getting bored and restless, and when this opportunity came up, I decided now is the time to pull up roots and go somewhere new, because it's not gonna get any easier. I've spent the last couple of weeks getting rid of as much stuff as I can.

There are a few options for where I could go, but I've narrowed them down to the areas of White Plains, NY, or somewhere in the Westchester area; Hartford, CT, or maybe New Haven; and maybe Marlborough, CT. My boss wants me to figure it out and make it happen asap. So, the whirlwind starts now. Google Maps and Street View are pretty amazing for scoping out a neighborhood and finding the amenities I'd need, but if anyone has any experience with these places, please share. I can't decide if I want to post up in a hotel for a week while I scope out apartments in person, or just sign a lease based on photos and street views. Big decisions, so little time. Smile

Also, if anyone has done a long distance move before, do you have any lessons learned?

Dan

Messages In This Thread
Moving across the country - by earthtodan - 10-04-2014, 12:19 AM
RE: Moving across the country - by Kerim - 10-04-2014, 08:40 AM
RE: Moving across the country - by earthtodan - 10-21-2014, 12:35 AM