Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Research & monitoring: where do you find the time?
I'm working on my dividend growth portfolio for three years now and in those years I moved from being a student to working a full-time job (40 hours a week). I now wonder where people find the time to do proper research, read blogs and news and monitor their positions (in the portfolio)? I'm having trouble with doing proper research and monitoring my positions in the evening hours. I (can) spent about 1 hour per day on my dividend investing journey and I feel this is way to little.

I currently have 17 positions to monitor and I know some have over 30 positions to check, but where do these people get the time from to monitor them AND do research on new companies? How do you monitor your positions? I subscribed for e-mail alerts on my positions on seeking alpha to get earnings figures and important announcements and I try to read the management discussion in the annual report once a year, is this enough?

I seriously wonder how people with over 30 positions do thisHuh

Messages In This Thread
Research & monitoring: where do you find the time? - by Robert_NL - 07-06-2014, 11:36 AM