Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Wrong With Mutual Funds
(06-25-2014, 10:36 PM)Ok Red Wrote: With that being said, I DO own some international and emerging market index ETFs. It's the only cost efficient way to get exposure to those markets with an appropriate level of diversification (unless you have a LOT of money to invest). But aside from that, no mas.

That's probably the only time I would consider a mutual fund or ETF. I had VWO for a while but then it just sat there and the yield was low so dumped it as I got more into DGI. Many markets just don't have the regulation nor transparency the U.S. has so had to trust someone that had more experience and "boots on the ground". Have to watch the tax treaties also.

Right now, it's just Canadian banks and telcos plus UL that I feel comfortable with. Large U.S. multi-nationals have most of the exposure covered.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's Wrong With Mutual Funds - by Jimbo - 06-24-2014, 10:58 PM
RE: What's Wrong With Mutual Funds - by Jimbo - 06-25-2014, 12:27 PM
RE: What's Wrong With Mutual Funds - by Jimbo - 06-25-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: What's Wrong With Mutual Funds - by EricL - 06-25-2014, 10:27 PM
RE: What's Wrong With Mutual Funds - by Ok Red - 06-25-2014, 10:36 PM
RE: What's Wrong With Mutual Funds - by Dividend Watcher - 06-25-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: What's Wrong With Mutual Funds - by Jimbo - 06-26-2014, 12:35 AM