Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TGT Anxiety and the Future of Retail
I have been keeping an eye on TGT and WMT here and there, respectfully. I was and wanted to pull the trigger on WMT not that long ago but couldn't bring myself to push the BUY button. Why? I personally cannot shop at Walmart for several reasons. In my area the stores are filthy with empty shelves, unaccommodating employees, very cheap products and to top it off practically no registers open translating to long lines at check out time. Where is the PRIDE? Where is the QUALITY? I don't see it at WMT and until I personally see some turnaround with my own eyes I cannot put my money into a company I refuse to use myself.

Now, Target, on the other hand is a great place to go to as a consumer. The shelves are full, when I ask an employee where something is they take the time and WALK me to the product, the stores are very clean, and at checkout there is a manager directing the traffic at peak times. In fact, I cannot say a bad thing about their stores which prompts me to look at it harder as a potential investor.

I am going by my own personal shopping experiences. Maybe your area is different.

I also don't think online retailers will completely take out brick and mortar stores. Online shopping is great, Amazon does an amazingly great job to perfection right down to customer service, setting the bar high for any online retailer to follow, as they should. In our household, shopping online is a given; although, so is jumping in the car and heading to that brick and mortar store. Online retailers was and is more of a threat to brick and mortars like Circuit City and Radio Shack. I don't need to see a PC in order to know what I want or need, but I still want to see that jacket, shirt or to try on those shoes in person before I purchase the merchandise. And groceries? Forgetaboutit.

Messages In This Thread
TGT Anxiety and the Future of Retail - by Kerim - 05-21-2014, 04:59 PM
RE: TGT Anxiety and the Future of Retail - by rayray - 05-21-2015, 09:37 AM