Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from the country of Texas
I posted a question about DD in the "Individual Dividend Growth Stocks" forum yesterday. Since I didn't post much personal info, I'll fill in some blanks here.
I'm 63yrs. old, my wife is 65. Both of us are still working and have no plans for retirement any time soon. We are completely debt-free. My daughter is out on her own. A lawyer, married, and the proud new mom of our first grandchild 9 month old Molly. My son graduated from Texas A&M last Saturday. Has a good job already and is eager to start his new life on his own.
I guess you could call our financial situation "comfortable". I started my portfolio a couple years ago with some money I had saved. I didn't know much about investing in stocks and I find mutual funds boring. Luckily I discovered Dividend Growth Investing before I made any serious mistakes. I made some money, but I didn't want to be a "trader"...too much work. The more I learned about DGI, the more it seemed to suit my needs.
My portfolio now consists of 10 "Core" holdings and 5 smaller holdings, in order, more or less...ranked by size.
Core Holdings
DD,WFC,INTC,MO,KO,GE,MSFT,GIS,KMI,ED
Smaller Holdings
CSX,TIS,VZ (resulting from VOD deal) and VOD

I'm not a bit afraid of the stock market...I lived through the "dotcom" bubble burst fairly unscathed (Thank You, Peter Lynch!)
Thanks to all who commented on my DD post. Looking forward to learning more. Thanks,
kayboy!

Messages In This Thread
Greetings from the country of Texas - by kayboy - 05-13-2014, 06:30 PM