Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kerim’s May 2014 Rankings
So I’ve spent the past few weeks doing a pretty significant overhaul of my tracking and scoring spreadsheet, and thought some of you might be interested in the results. This shows the scoring for the 28 stocks that I follow most closely. I’ll be adding more soon, but these are the ones I care about most, and for which I have done a complete update in the past few weeks.

I also overhauled the scoring system, putting a little more weight on initial yield and adding a lot more granularity to some of the categories. This caused some of the scores to change quite a bit, but most of them stayed in the same ballpark.

The biggest surprise was with T, which has a much higher score than previously. I looked carefully at it, and the reason has much more to do with the fact that I had not updated T’s information in a while than it does with the revisions to my system. T’s earnings are in much better shape than a couple of years ago, and the payout ratio is back in “sane” territory.

Anyway, please take this with a huge grain of salt, though I will be happy if it generates lively discussion. I calculate many of these numbers in unconventional and arbitrary ways; the scoring is extremely arbitrary, reflecting my particular biases and whims; I make some completely subjective adjustments; and not all data is updated with the same frequency. Furthermore, this is only a stepping off point – this excludes huge swaths of relevant information, such as cash flow and balance sheet information.

Anyway, enjoy!

Messages In This Thread
Kerim’s May 2014 Rankings - by Kerim - 05-01-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: Kerim’s May 2014 Rankings - by WRXodus - 05-02-2014, 07:33 PM
RE: Kerim’s May 2014 Rankings - by Kerim - 05-02-2014, 08:29 PM
RE: Kerim’s May 2014 Rankings - by earthtodan - 05-02-2014, 11:36 PM
RE: Kerim’s May 2014 Rankings - by Kerim - 05-04-2014, 11:21 AM
RE: Kerim’s May 2014 Rankings - by Kerim - 05-04-2014, 11:45 AM
RE: Kerim’s May 2014 Rankings - by earthtodan - 05-04-2014, 07:00 PM