Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barn Project
I'm free! So far we have renovated our daughter's house, down to the the studs replacing electrical, plumbing, and everything outward to finished rooms. Also had to make significant structural changes because of poor design by a previous "do it yourself" owner. Went from my daughter's to my sister in law's. There we renovated her kitchen, gutted and upgraded two bathrooms, put new flooring, doors, trim, and painted throughout the house. Plus we tackled renovating her out building and an outside closet. All the while we have been moving from area to area in our own house, as cash becomes available. The barn project caught us in the middle of an upstairs renovation. Pretty soon we will have to move to number two daughter's house and do a fair amount of work.

Work for pay changes the dynamics. As it is, anyone that we have helped has been over the top appreciative. For pay, expectations come into play, probably with little appreciation. I prefer a happy, appreciative free client, to that a difficult one that paid for services. We don't really need any money, so I'll continue to take on jobs when someone, usually in the family, needs our services. If things get too slow, I'll consider buying a spec house, renovate it, and put it back on the market.
Alex

Messages In This Thread
Barn Project - by hendi_alex - 03-10-2014, 04:32 PM
RE: Barn Project - by Dividend Watcher - 03-10-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: Barn Project - by hendi_alex - 03-10-2014, 10:07 PM
RE: Barn Project - by Dividend Watcher - 03-10-2014, 11:30 PM
RE: Barn Project - by hendi_alex - 03-11-2014, 07:31 AM
RE: Barn Project - by Kerim - 03-14-2014, 09:14 AM
RE: Barn Project - by hendi_alex - 03-14-2014, 09:44 AM
RE: Barn Project - by Dividend Watcher - 03-14-2014, 10:40 AM