Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGI for the New DGI'er close to retirement
(03-10-2014, 07:40 AM)hendi_alex Wrote: I'm talking about current market yield on current market NAV of a DG type of portfolio. Very few DG stocks yield north of 3% right now, so how does a person average 3.9% or higher on such. If a person includes some MLPs, telecomm, REITs, etc. 4%-5% is easy enough to achieve, but very few seem to be including those categories as DG types of stocks. Most have histories that are too short, market cap is too small, dividend increases have been inconsistent, etc. So I guess that at this point, perhaps it would be useful for someone to define DG stock as a category.

I have no desire to go into a definition thing.

There are REITs and utilities that have an adequately long history of paying dividends and increasing those dividends. I find it useful to look at individual companies rather than to make overall statements about those sectors

In utilities I hold AVA, D, LNT NGG, SO, WEC.

REITS - OH, OHI, DLR and ARCP

Telecom - BCE and RCI

No MLPS, but I hold two general partners, KMI and SE

I cannot imagine building a dividend growth portfolio without holdings in these areas.

By NAV, do you mean share price? The only context I have seen NAV in widespread use is in close-ended funds and I am not sure what you mean by it.

thanks

Ron

Messages In This Thread
RE: DGI for the New DGI'er close to retirement - by rnsmth - 03-10-2014, 07:56 AM