Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGI for the New DGI'er close to retirement
Interesting Article:

Income Planning With Johnson & Johnson

by Doug Carey | Mar 05, 2014 Leave a comment

For many investors approaching retirement income planning for retirement has become extremely difficult, if not downright impossible. So many people had hoped to live off of income generated by relatively safe treasury bonds and high quality corporate bonds, but that strategy is out the window for most given where interest rates are today.

Not only are interest rates historically low today, but the Federal Reserve has no intention of letting them rise anytime soon. It is best to assume that interest rates will stay low for a long time to come.

In this article I want to show just how difficult it has become to cover expenses with just income in retirement if an investor is looking to do this with fixed income. I also want to show an alternative to this: Using dividend-growth stocks; but not just any dividend-growth stocks. I want to show how investing in dividend payers with a solid history of dividend growth, even in recessions, can help retirees live off of their income in retirement without touching their principal.

Read the rest:

Income Planning with Johnson & Johnson by Doug Carey

And just for the record...I am not recommending WealthTrace. They do, however, have some useful calculators at their site and Doug speaks the truth about DGI.
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner

Messages In This Thread
DGI for the New DGI'er close to retirement - by Robandcindy2 - 03-08-2014, 06:48 AM