Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next stocks to buy
Welcome Sev -- glad to have you here! I second DW's suggestion to tell us a bit more about yourself. It may improve the quality of our advice!

Youth and risk are a tricky question. It seems to be conventional wisdom that younger people can afford to take on more risk on the premise that they have more time to recover if things go badly. But it has always struck me that if you start young enough and have lots of time on your side, you don't need to take on as much risk -- compounding should get you where you want to go without as much risk of major losses when you're young that are tough to come back from.

So I guess I also think you should think again about making your next buy something "boring."

But, if you are set on higher returns with this next purchase, how about some of the DG-ish REITs, like O, ARCP, or OHI?

Or if you really want to take a chance, swing for the fences with NLY -- very high yield and some think ready to bounce back from the recent downdraft in the share price. Of course this is not a DG stock anymore...

Best of luck, and please do stock around and let us know what you decide!

Messages In This Thread
Next stocks to buy - by Sev - 03-02-2014, 09:32 AM
RE: Next stocks to buy - by Dividend Watcher - 03-02-2014, 10:53 AM
RE: Next stocks to buy - by Kerim - 03-02-2014, 06:16 PM