Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions for Improvement?
Dexter, what does your portfolio plan say? Are you following it?

That being said, I'll make a few comments but don't take my opinion as investment advice. I'm looking at it as if it were MY portfolio.

First, either you have a large portfolio value or some of these holdings are pretty small. 25 stocks yet individual stocks are only 8% of the portfolio? My plan says the stocks have to regularly increase their dividends but I can hold up to 10% of the portfolio in "special situations" stocks as long as they pay a dividend. That's where ROST and INTC sit in my portfolio now. ROST is my "higher growth/low yield" stock and INTC is my "non-rising dividend hoping for a resumption" stock. Using that, I'd get rid of any companies that don't meet that criterion. Last I knew BUD is no longer a serial dividend raiser since InBev bought them and, with their low yield right now, they would be gone. DIS too but they have a golden franchise so maybe that's not a good idea.

You have most of what I'd consider core: GIS, KO, PG, PEP, MCD, WMT, UL, XOM.

What I did notice conspicuously absent was healthcare. To me, that's a core sector. How about JNJ, BAX, BDX, MDT, ABBV, ABT?

Just my few simple thoughts.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions for Improvement? - by Dexter - 02-16-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: Suggestions for Improvement? - by Dividend Watcher - 02-17-2014, 12:47 AM
RE: Suggestions for Improvement? - by Dexter - 02-17-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: Suggestions for Improvement? - by fiveoh - 02-17-2014, 12:16 PM
RE: Suggestions for Improvement? - by Dexter - 02-17-2014, 10:20 PM
RE: Suggestions for Improvement? - by Kerim - 02-18-2014, 10:12 AM
RE: Suggestions for Improvement? - by CritMass - 02-18-2014, 10:22 PM