Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Philip Morris (PM) -- My Nicotine Addiction
Declining use in Europe and increasing taxes/legislation is a concern of mine. Europe is roughly 1/3 of their earnings.

I'm also concerned about the debt. Their cash flow has been dropping(yoy) and debt increasing.... not a good combo. Also once the fed starts to taper they will no longer have access to cheap borrowing which has been funding the large buybacks.

I'm hoping/kind of expecting for their next earnings to be a good one, since they raised the dividend more than expected.

As I said in the other thread I'm looking for a roughly $83 entry point. That's less than 2% from where we are today. A couple of reasons none of which are too technical:

1. My current average price is $85 and I like to average down.
2. Pm's normal historic Pe/ratio according to fast graphs is 15.2 or close to $83. I would prefer to buy it below that but it hasn't dropped below that line in 2 years, and I don't think it will go much lower since the div is so high here.
3. @ $83 pm yields 4.5%

Currently I have 5.8% of my portfolio in LO, 2.3% in PM and 1.2% in MO. So roughly 9.3% in tobacco. I'll probably double my stake in PM and not add anymore for a while. I don't want to go over 10% in tobacco.

One last thing, if they ever get into China it will be HUGE for PM. I'm not sure if that will ever happen.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philip Morris (PM) -- My Nicotine Addiction - by fiveoh - 10-09-2013, 10:03 PM