Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing & golf
well, after a many years long vacation due to past health issues with my parents and myself i got away from golf and fishing--it just happened. i've been slowly getting back into fishing, i always enjoyed fishing a lot more then golfing anyways. in my previous life, fishing was trout, pond/lakes and bay fishing--in that order--i always wanted to try shore fishing but never had the gear or knew anyone who did it. fishing from a boat was always my favorite no matter what, wether on a river, bay or lake/pond--just relaxing imho.

i'm really upset with myself now but i gave all my old fishing gear to a relative of mine--he helped me out wouldn't take cash and finally i was like oh man come on--and on a whim i said take my fishing gear it's just sitting there rotting away--he took it--and quite honestly--it couldn't have gone to a better person, well deserved. but man!! do i miss that equipment! it was a mix of a old early 1970's france made mitchell, diawa, a junkie penn (must have been a defect), and my favorites two shimano's that i used the most.

my shimano's were japan made--loved these reels, great for trout and pond fishing--a little too small for larger lakes--okay for crappy but the occasional larger fish was a little too much, then that's when i always would fall back on my all-rounder mitchell--at one time i used the mitchell for everything, stream, pond, lake and bay lol...just would change out the line and rod--this was the most sentimental due to the fact my uncle gave me the reel after he upgraded--favorite for personal reasons.

i'll probably go back to the shimano's, used a lot of diawa's but once i got those two shimano's i was hooked (no pun intended lol) i would expect the same experience

the one thing i'm taken back by is the PRICES HOLY SHIT LOL

i'll have to start off with an all-rounder type reel again...maybe...i'll see

a trout stream and a quarry are within walking distance from my house so that's what i'll target the most--like in the past it'll grow

Messages In This Thread
fishing & golf - by rayray - 06-23-2022, 07:35 AM
RE: fishing & golf - by fenders53 - 06-23-2022, 12:45 PM
RE: fishing & golf - by NilesMike - 06-23-2022, 02:49 PM
RE: fishing & golf - by NilesMike - 06-23-2022, 03:10 PM
RE: fishing & golf - by rayray - 06-23-2022, 04:41 PM
RE: fishing & golf - by NilesMike - 06-23-2022, 04:49 PM
RE: fishing & golf - by fenders53 - 06-24-2022, 01:27 AM
RE: fishing & golf - by rayray - 06-24-2022, 06:01 AM
RE: fishing & golf - by fenders53 - 06-24-2022, 12:24 PM