Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dividend Bias / Rational Thinking
(02-05-2022, 04:15 AM)fenders53 Wrote: You looking for trouble Scoot? Smile

I prefer businesses that can grow the dividend and business consistently.  It tends to be a sign of a lasting company.  I do monitor total return.  I certainly do not want my capital to decrease over the long haul.  Of course it is a normal occurrence in the short term.  I don't want to trail the S&P by a wide margin year after year, but I don't need to beat the index either.  So "yield traps" are out.  Dividend cuts are generally a strong warning of trouble ahead.  A true DGI stock is a good long term investment.  

For most of my years I have mixed growth and value.  Decade long market rotations between growth and value are my incentive to balance to some degree.  I never know when I may be "right or wrong" for long periods of time if I pick a side.

You looking for trouble Scoot? Smile

Yep!
Just a little Salvo regarding "Facebook, Salmon, and paradigms".  Rolleyes

>

For most of my years I have mixed growth and value.  Decade long market rotations between growth and value are my incentive to balance to some degree. - Fender53

Ditto, though My portfolio tends to lean Value. I overweight specific investments and sectors periodically (dividend and non-dividend payers alike) as the business economic cycle transitions from phase to phase. Though I am never rewarded with the highs of bull market highs , conversely the portfolio has never experienced the lows of bear market lows..... Just slow and steady moderate growth over the past number of decades. That said, what may be in the comfort zone for me, may not be in the comfort zone (circle of competence) for others, and in my opinion that's Ok!!!. What may be good for Moi, May not be good for Vous...Many paths through the woods , we're all on different paths trying to reach our specific destinations.

I like mine with lettuce and tomato,
Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes,
Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer
Well, good God almighty which way do I steer.....
....."Facebook, Salmon, and paradigms" 

"I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail." - Abraham Maslow 1966

Messages In This Thread
Dividend Bias / Rational Thinking - by Scooterd - 02-04-2022, 08:14 PM
RE: Dividend Bias / Rational Thinking - by Scooterd - 02-05-2022, 08:51 AM