Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The one's that got away - Sort of.
GNRC -
I purchased GNRC back in 2017 time frame when it was about 45.00 and change. I sold some when it hit 80.00 and change in 2019, and the remainder on 3/29/21 when GNRC hit 315.00 and change. I just thought the market was nuts and GNRC was way overvalued as a company.After the sale, I watched GNRC continue to soar reaching an all time high of over 500.00 a share in October 2021. I put GNRC in the Rear view and moved on.

Due to storm battering the coast this weekend I got curious and just glanced at the recent share price. .....
My how Icarus has fallen. YTD 266.00 and change. (I still think it's overvalued)

Had a very similar experience a few years back with SMG as well. Invested around 70.00 sold around 120.00. I also thought the valuation the market had placed on SMG as a company was nuts. Then I and watched it climb over 240.00. Today SMG is back down around 140.00 price point. (I'm not sure if it's overvalued at that price point or not).

Either way, I have no intentions of reinvesting in either, but will occasionally glance at each over the next few years out of curiosity.

- Scoot

Messages In This Thread
The one's that got away - Sort of. - by Scooterd - 01-29-2022, 12:21 PM