Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News that caught my eye - Barley
(01-20-2022, 07:44 AM)fenders53 Wrote: You win this one but flaring gas in the middle east is non-stop.  Yea just hazy all the time.  I've never been around it in US.

Your Korea comment made me laugh.  I arrived at my hotel in Seoul to pick up a baby we were adopting.  A decent hotel.  I spent the first 15 minutes pouring water in drains thinking a trap must have went dry.  Probabny don't use traps.  Smelled horrid.  Went to dining room for breakfast next morning.  Similar smell.  I was told it was sewers and kimchee.  Wasn't there long enough to get used to it and really enjoy a meal.

US chain restaurants overseas were quite the surprise.  Why does my Hardees chicken smell like old fish lol.  No thanks street vendor, I've decided to quit eating dog jerky on a stick.  I am not a picky eater but I lose weight when I travel abroad.  I have trust issues lol.

My closest Friend SSGT just returned from his up-teenth (As a country sometimes we ask so much) deployment with 10th mountain Div. 444 days pouring sand out of his boots in Saudi, Bahrain, Qatar, then Kuwait. He said the smell of Tires burning in Kuwait was horrid. Thick, black. Air quality was so poor. He headed to VA this past week to get his lungs checked out as he was having difficulty breathing. He retires this year 30+ years of service.

Side bar -
I love kimchee (summer more than winter Kimchee but both are great), A SGT buddy of mine married an awesome Korean woman. They have been married over 40 years now. She is a wonderful cook and a beautiful person. Bulgogi and Rice, Kimchee, and she does something unique with Turnip and Rutabaga... So...So...good.

Majority of my friends are Service connected (we can discuss shit others can't relate too, nor do I care to explain it to them)

Worse thing I've eaten overseas was a Sea Cucumber. The served it raw.

Messages In This Thread
News that caught my eye - Barley - by Scooterd - 01-18-2022, 07:39 PM
RE: News that caught my eye - Barley - by cemanuel - 01-19-2022, 06:33 AM
RE: News that caught my eye - Barley - by cemanuel - 01-19-2022, 04:25 PM
RE: News that caught my eye - Barley - by cemanuel - 01-20-2022, 06:09 AM
RE: News that caught my eye - Barley - by Scooterd - 01-20-2022, 08:47 AM