Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumbstruck
A few weeks ago I got a letter soliciting to manage my investments. Then it was followed up with a packet of information.Then 2  weeks worth of incessant phone calls left on answering machine. Today, another call, I was bored so  decided to answer....

Hello Mr Scooter, this is "so and so" with xyz.....

Don't call me Mister I worked for a living.

Oh; OK Mister Scooter...At which point,  I realized he was reading from a script. So I let him go through his spiel for a few minutes, Then I finally broke in and asked  -

May I ask what hand do you write with?

Huh?

What hand do you write with?

My right.

Ok; "If I entrust you manage my investments, and you lose all my invested capital, do I get to take your right hand?

Excuse me?

So I repeated, "If I let you manage my investments, and you lose all my invested capital do I get to take your hand? 

He was Dumbstruck!!! Big Grin

Well Mister Scooter all investments....Blah Blah.. Blah... levels of risk... Blah Blah.. Blah.. Economy...Blah Blah..Blah..rates of return ...Blah..Blah..Blah...management fees ...Blah blah..Blah...

Finally, it was time to feed barn critters..

Ok, Tell ya what , when you feel comfortable with "your level of risk" to enter into a financial contract with me -  that if I entrust you to manage my investments and you lose all my capital I get to take your right hand  - give me a buzz and we'll talk some more..

I doubt he ever had a call like that before, and I doubt I will be bothered by the incessant phone calls again. Big Grin

- Scoot

Messages In This Thread
Dumbstruck - by Scooterd - 12-22-2021, 04:22 PM
RE: Dumbstruck - by fenders53 - 12-22-2021, 05:08 PM
RE: Dumbstruck - by ken-do-nim - 12-22-2021, 07:36 PM
RE: Dumbstruck - by fenders53 - 12-22-2021, 08:12 PM