Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok, so we are old and retired. Now what??
The coffee cup is funny, and I can already tell I am going to need a routine for part of the day, especially during winter.

I had a booth at a Conference in early December and talked to a friend of mine who is also retiring at the end of this year. He said a friend of his, after finding out his date, told him that retiring in the winter is a bad idea. Not enough to do.

A week in and my routine after getting up, eating breakfast, and doing my Internet browsing, includes - still hoping to begin waking up at 5:30/6 instead of 4:
  • 8:30 - work out (the cool down includes walking to my mailbox for the mail, about a quarter mile (house is over 600' from the road)
  • 9:30 - 10:00 - check markets at open
  • 10:30 - make some excuse to get out of the place just to get moving
That's it so far - right now re-arranging my home office from a "when I want to work from home" to a "retired and do my own crap" office - but at least in the winter joining a group of retired peoples at a coffee shop to solve all the world's problems will be a chunk of some days.

For spring, summer and fall I have no worries. 10 acres to take care of and some old barns that need work. Interestingly, if it ever gets cold enough for the ground to freeze it also won't be a problem. I have a fence row to clear but it's too wet to take either the truck or tractor back there. Within reason of course - 20 or more below wind chills will keep me indoors but "normal cold" and I'll be out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ok, so we are old and retired. Now what?? - by cemanuel - 12-30-2021, 06:11 AM