Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok, so we are old and retired. Now what??
(12-27-2021, 10:25 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(12-25-2021, 04:39 PM)cemanuel Wrote: We did used to argue about one thing. Saturday mornings. He wanted to watch the Smurfs. I wanted Bugs Bunny. Our apt was sort of a stopping point between the Thirsty Bear Tavern on North Campus and the Fraternity we were members of but didn't live in so there was usually an audience that crashed in our living room the night before. Those were epic, we'd get folks howling. Little friggin' blue tree people, grrr . . .

I used to say I'd be ready to get married when I built a house big enough to have separate wings where each of us could go and the other wouldn't have a key to. I built a new one in 2014 and started dating the current GF in 2015. She lives about 45 minutes away which is perfect, has her own career, etc. Anyway, she bought a house last summer - I think we may just be getting ready to tie the knot. The separation requirement may actually have been reached. Wink

A good friend of mine, secretary for 20 years, always says the only reason she and her husband are still married is because he's a truck driver who goes on a lot of long runs.

So you're going to do the married-but-live-separately thing?  Wow.

I suppose I'll be like that a bit too, since I go to a lot of gaming conventions.

I'm 4 days into vacation now, and already starting to think about work.  I couldn't imagine being retired yet.

I was not serious which is why I used an Wink after the statement. That's called an emoticon and the wink indicates that I was not making the comment in earnest.

Though I wouldn't be completely opposed to it. She's a chaplain for a retirement community and needs to be able to get there on pretty short notice. I live on 10 acres that we both love.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ok, so we are old and retired. Now what?? - by cemanuel - 12-28-2021, 07:22 AM