Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scoring that includes yield, dividend growth and safety
(12-15-2021, 07:15 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Cemanuel.  

This is an exceptional screen process.  I strongly agree with your flexibility in #3.  I'd love to own all aristocrats or better and some have done just that but that is too limiting for long periods of time due to valuation and other misses in your criteria.  Finding a few of the future dividend stars can be lucrative.  AAPL or MSFT may be the next generation's income stock at retirement.  

I'll check out your blog post when I have time.

Thank you. It does take time. And outside of any numbers consideration, once I've done this I feel reasonably familiar with the company. I also have an index card holder and fill out a card/cards for each company I own with characteristics I can refer to and track over time.

The amount of time I spend doing this and this secondary benefit is why, so far, I have not paid a penny for any investing service. I have to dig, go through more than 1 site for relevant numbers, and sometimes have to even do some math (payout ratio most often). But so far I like having done it (doing it is tedious, an accomplishment when finished). There may come a point where I look for a service that most closely approximates what I do but not right now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scoring that includes yield, dividend growth and safety - by cemanuel - 12-15-2021, 07:31 AM