Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for the Group - REIT's in IRA
A buddy of mine (soon to be retired military) called me this am and asked what I was buying. I said I'm buying nothing at present. He went on to ask What do you think of AMT or CCI. I told him why are you asking me I'm a blue chip fella!! We both laughed. I told him I have not researched either, so I can not speak intelligently about either. He asked if owning them in an IRA is a problem? Again I said not knowing too much about either company I do believe they are REITs but don't know regarding K-1's and never having owned an REIT in an IRA could not intelligently speak too any tax implications holding them in an IRA.

I offered to share his questions on a dividend forum community I joined and could give him a call back later in the week with additional information of owning REIT's in an IRA and is a good Idea? and more specifically if the group shares any thoughts they may have on AMT or CCI specifically . He said that was fine. I mentioned in passing regardless of any answer(s) I received, Before investing in any company do your due diligence and ensure they are not overvalued before pulling the trigger.

So his two Basic questions (I think) were holding REIT's (in general) in an IRA (and more specifically any company information or thoughts regarding CCI or AMT)
and has anyone possibly done an evaluation of either of these companies recently? I think that was the net of it, So, if anyone cares to chime in I will pass the information along to Wayne about investing in them at the present time and for his future reference.
 - Scoot

Messages In This Thread
Question for the Group - REIT's in IRA - by Scooterd - 12-10-2021, 01:34 PM