Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to all the new members from S.A.
Just wanted to let you know we are glad you are here.  I am really hoping a few of you find this place worthy of your presence.  DGI is not as exciting as what this market has been bringing the past few years so it's been a struggle to keep this place worth visiting often.  Some new on topic content is very much welcomed, but you will have to get used to this eclectic bunch.  When you only have a dozen members that post fairly regularly you get to know each other.  We pretty much know everyone's occupation, how many kids we do or don't have, approximate age and our retirement goals in some detail.  The "what did you buy today" thread is our general purpose thread.  We may sound like a bunch of day traders there but we all have DGI ports.  Some are exclusive to that strategy, and some of us trade or even try to make income with option strategies with a portion of our port.  Dividend talk is never out of place anywhere on this forum.  I'll warn you a lot of banter happens there too.  We know who can take a joke and none of it is intended to be mean spirited.  Join in if you like, or avoid it.  We often speak freely there because we don't want each other to lose money because they don't have all the facts.  We don't have the vast resources of SA but the place has a personal touch.            

Hope you'll say hello here and introduce yourself with a sentence or a paragraph.  Guess I should start.  I am a 34 yr military retiree.  I work part-time at Home Depot where I design custom doors and windows for a few more months until I fully retire.  I actually took about three years of full retirement a few years back.  Married with a 23yr old daughter.  I love to fly fish and enjoy old truck restoration.  I have a 1953 Ford F100 street rod and a 94 Mustang I drag race some.  I've always been a gearhead.  I love the pursuit of investing.  I'm no CPA but I spend a lot of time on conference calls and researching the sectors I enjoy most.   

Welcome!

Messages In This Thread
Welcome to all the new members from S.A. - by fenders53 - 12-09-2021, 06:58 PM