Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fender's final approach to retirement.
yea, i've always said take 10 investors and you can have 10 different strategies with none of them being wrong, some better then others but not exactly wrong. the point is having a strategy that one feels comfortable with implementing successfully.

over the years i've been slowly moving money from mutual funds/etf's to individual equities because when i do retire i don't want to be moving large amounts of dollars from one type of investment to another--it seems that i'm never really that good at buying stock, it either drops and i see red for a while or it skyrockets lol...it never fully goes as plan but that's where time in the market has served me well, with little to no movement. suppose i could have done better by taking money off the top and buying something else, i've done it in the past only to see that investment make some really nice gains while the new equity doesn't do much--so idk....

selling on pops and redistributing takes a lot of time--i'm more passive

and yes...taxes bother me too!!

like you i plan on having a few different income/investment streams

mine will be whatever they may be when time comes

social security
pension--maybe a buyout?? time will tell
traditional ira
roth ira
regular brokerage account

about two years ago (i lose track of time) felt that i had enough money in tax deferred accounts, dropped contributions from 18% to 6%....enough to get the company match and build up that brokerage account--that if i should retire before 59 1/2 that i better have access to monies that are not tax deferred--don't really want to play irs rules to access that money if i go earlier then planned...72t rules....kplan rule of 55 etc etc etc

i did inherit a traditional ira that has to be depleted within 10 years

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fender's final approach to retirement. - by rayray - 08-22-2021, 09:51 AM
Fender's final approach to retirement. - by bankerboy - 10-29-2021, 05:47 PM
Fender's final approach to retirement. - by bankerboy - 11-16-2021, 02:49 PM
Fender's final approach to retirement. - by bankerboy - 11-24-2021, 08:43 AM