Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Safe" high yielders - stocks, ETFs, CEFs, REITs, MLPs, etc - post your favorites!
(08-03-2021, 12:05 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 11:38 AM)So, I think it all depends on where you are on your road to retirement. I am trying to help my mom - she has ~40% of her portfolio in the vanilla S&P ETF, the rest is cash... growth isn\t important to her - capital preservation and income are. She would be very happy earning 4-5% on something that doesn Wrote: [quote pid='27746' dateline='1628006378']
That's a target you can hit without unnecessary risk.  She is likely to see some capital appreciation as well.  There are not a lot of them at the moment but when the defensive sectors dip you can grab a slow growth company that doesn't have a lot for fleas, but does have a solid dividend history.
You got ideas on these slow growth companies that are safe in that yield range? Big Grin
Where were you last year?  Smile  Ask me again in about a month.  Maybe we can buy them together.  I try to be one of those buy low and sell high if I am gonna sell at all guys.  If I am honest though I sold 15 of them the past year as they flew to the moon like I never expected.  Use your brokerage software and do a screen for stocks that pay 3.50 to 3.75% now.  Weed out the garbage and get your watch list ready.  Some of them will come to you eventually.  At some point you'll have more than you can even buy.
[/quote]
I have the list ready - just looking for ideas from others. Been waiting for the correction that's not here yet...

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Safe" high yielders - stocks, ETFs, CEFs, REITs, MLPs, etc - post your favorites! - by Genester - 08-03-2021, 12:59 PM