Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
(06-07-2022, 06:15 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 05:01 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Yeah I'm just looking to add quality names this year.  And next, too.  I don't think the good times flow again until 2024 at the earliest.

I think when my port is in a better place, the top 10 individual stocks will be:
1. AVGO
2. HPQ
3. BX
4. MSFT
5. AAPL
6. STX
7. F
8. ABBV
9. LLY
10. HD

It's not that I don't love Google, Nvidia, Intuitive Surgical and Adobe, but since they offer little to no dividend I doubt I will be as excited to buy them in as large quantities as the above.  Apple is probably the lowest dividend payer that, after I buy a share, I still recheck to see my new annual dividend total.  Also, I had been really excited about Oracle, but my enthusiasm is somewhat diminished.  Not selling, but not adding much either at this time.  ABBV will climb higher if they successfully navigate losing the Humira patent.
I usually avoid market predictions but it does seem certain we are not going to fly high this year.  Nine down market weeks out of 10 is rare.  I am shocked the SPY is only down about 10%. The huge disparity between small caps and blue chips is probably historical.  I'm not even sure how a market capitulation even looks.  Decent small cap stocks can't really go much lower.  They needed to correct of course. but this is just a strange correction so far.  My only tech stock at the moment is GOOGL.  I had a LOT of index ETFs but I bailed on them when indexes were clearly a bad place to be.  Now to time my re-entry.  I am waiting for a good summer dip and I suppose I should start nibbling.  I can always trim and add if the volatility continues.  If I'm too lethargic they will run off and leave me.  You know how th market is. When it decides to it will rip 10% and I will be caught sucking my thumb.

in times like these i believe it's important to own quality, it's a reminder to shoot for quality as an investment. my portfolio has seen some transformations as i develop as an investor as i sold some companies to acquire more shares in others, leaning towards companies that make money with low(er) debt. i sold some good investments to accumulate more shares of other companies, i personally wanted less individual equities, i went from 88 to 47? its' 47 to 50 in that ballpark--it might be 50. it's a much easier portfolio to keep track of and manage. equities that become 10% plus of the total portfolio will be trimmed back to that 7 to 8% mark.

i've also got more comfortable owning larger amounts in a strong company--over the years i got accustomed to stocks going up and stocks going down--it happens every day. 

i like tech a lot, big tech, big money with low debt--some of these companies we use on a daily basis and don't even realize it--i don't see this changing anytime soon. we're at a point in the world that tech is going to be making big changes in our lives, it's going to be more noticeable IMHO.

i like watching apple as a company, and how it's always evolving

Messages In This Thread
What are your winners & losers today? - by 2R45 - 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by backroadbob - 12-20-2021, 07:11 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-28-2022, 08:50 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by rayray - 06-08-2022, 05:57 AM