Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
(04-12-2021, 03:29 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Your mother sounds sweet.  She's right; CD rates are terrible!

My hero of the day was, of all stocks, HRZN, one of the ones I bought for its dividend (7.63%).  I'm up 10% on it overall, so I'm very excited over this find.

Today was not a good day for SOXL though, who triple magnified TSM's bad day who is right behind it as the two hard luck losers of the day.

She is sweet.   CD rates are truly stressing her out.  I am half tempted to tell her I have access to a magic CD because I am a Vanguard VIP with a guaranteed 6%+ rate.  Smile  I could borrow the money and use it to back up a covered put in ATT.  She'd be pretty excited if I gave her 1% interest on her fake CD every month because that would be the return if I didn't get forced into T shares and the rate drops down to 6%.  Or I could just put her money in the bank in case she needs it and use my moldy cash position that's already on account to back up an option sale on her behalf until if/when I get forced to buy cheaper T shares.

I actually like this idea I just conjured up but it might be lying?  Smile  I could tell her the truth in a year and prove it wasn't very risky in the first place. 

And I don't know what to think of TSM.  A chip shortage and chip suppliers struggling makes little sense.  The PE is fairly high against historical and they must not be immune to problems is all I can think of.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by fenders53 - 04-12-2021, 04:26 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by 2R45 - 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by backroadbob - 12-20-2021, 07:11 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-28-2022, 08:50 AM