Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
(04-10-2021, 08:34 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: > i'm a staunch buy and hold investor and selling is very very very bad--it's usually a horrible mistake so i'm sure one or more of those stocks i sold will be good money makers

Wow I'm of an opposite mindset.  At work, we use the Agile Methodology - aka "fail fast".  I don't sit with equities that aren't producing when the market is doing great.  For instance, you just sold WORK aka Slack. Congrats.  I took a long hard look at this one myself.  (And btw, we switched from Slack to (Cisco) Webex Teams for group chat, and strongly considered a Microsoft product as well, so it has stiff competition.)

[Image: 87f0ad06-0efc-494d-a9cd-2d40938e0584.png]

Remarkably flat since December.  No yield, negative earnings.  I just couldn't find any reason to buy it.

Now, compare that to the S&P 500 over the last 6 months (VOO):

[Image: 6930b5da-e98e-4330-8486-74c2dd59d1b7.png]

1.48% yield as well.  In general, if I don't think an equity can beat VOO, I'm better off buying VOO.  Steady strong performer and very diversified.  (edit: and SPXL is VOO on steroids)

I only came up with the Rule of AT&T recently btw, so if you heard of it before then I'm not the first.

slack (work) has been floating flat since the crm (salesforce) acquisition news broke--made a nice little profit but dead money till the acquisition is completed. between the cash and stock buyout not sure if it gives me enough crm shares, and i haven't done enough research to buy more shares--don't really feel like it at the moment, researching something new--originally bought slack because we use it at work

family members have worked for mabell--so i most likely heard it from one of them

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by rayray - 04-10-2021, 08:49 AM
What are your winners & losers today? - by 2R45 - 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by backroadbob - 12-20-2021, 07:11 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-28-2022, 08:50 AM