Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help somebody financially grow.
(03-30-2021, 09:37 AM)ChadR Wrote: So sorry for your loss.  That is a good thing that you were able to make a difference in his life and able to benefit his widow and children in this hard time for them.

Like you, I am always trying to get people to plan for the future.  I have nowhere near the success rate you were having, but everyone that I'm able to get on a better road for the future is a bonus to me.
It was a unique situation.  Just a bunch of hard working army mechanics with no financial skills.  They were driving brand new trucks and trading up every couple years and saving no money at all.  They watched me live leaner in wonderment because they knew I had 135% their salary.  But I invested when I made half their salary and that was the point.  I told them I was going to semi retire at 55 and they would be looking for a part-time job at age 75 if they didn't change their ways.  Five years later they watched me leave as promised.  I didn't work at all for a few years and checked some dreams off my bucket list.  Now working part-time a few years as I try to stay out of my real investments without tax penalties.  

I am especially pained by the death of my friend this time.  We were close and he was only 36yrs old.  His wife is far from in the clear because she is so young but she will now have $600K instead of the $60K or so she and their children would have had if he didn't make some adjustments ten years ago. 

We have a skill.  If we can save a few along the way IMO we should keep trying.

Messages In This Thread
Help somebody financially grow. - by fenders53 - 03-29-2021, 12:34 PM
RE: Help somebody financially grow. - by ChadR - 03-30-2021, 09:37 AM
RE: Help somebody financially grow. - by fenders53 - 03-30-2021, 10:54 AM
Help somebody financially grow. - by vbin - 03-30-2021, 12:21 PM
Help somebody financially grow. - by vbin - 03-31-2021, 02:56 PM