Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help somebody financially grow.
This might sound a little too personal for an anonymous financial site but here goes.  I spent the last couple decades of my Army career supervising some financially reckless young men and women.  I hounded them to not live just for today and feed their 401K, make sure you have enough insurance for the family you might leave behind because we never know how long we will be on this earth.  Well that was ten years ago and to my horror the third Soldier just passed away suddenly, none from combat.  I never dreamed that might happen.  One cancer and two heart attacks.  The oldest was 40yrs old.  We just never know.  They all had a wife and children. My heart is very heavy yet again today but Cory left his wife and children with $600K more than he was going to without some encouragement to grow up financially.  I will try to find some solace in that. 

Try to help somebody do the right thing if you can convince them.  I feel a little better about my friends sudden passing today.  I'd be sick if his family had to struggle from day one.  In retrospect one of my more important accomplishments in this life.  I was just trying to help them have a better retirement and not have to work until they die but things change.  I thought they would all outlive me.

Messages In This Thread
Help somebody financially grow. - by fenders53 - 03-29-2021, 12:34 PM
RE: Help somebody financially grow. - by ChadR - 03-30-2021, 09:37 AM
Help somebody financially grow. - by vbin - 03-30-2021, 12:21 PM
Help somebody financially grow. - by vbin - 03-31-2021, 02:56 PM