Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's make a 5-6 stock portfolio!
Well, while it's not a utility thread, indeed the portfolio will be 15-20% utility so it is indeed a very valid topic to discuss.

I was secretly hoping for fenders and Eric to jump in with their utility suggestions. Okay okay, I knew you guys would do that. Thanks! I just haven't spent the time in researching US utilities, I know both of you have and I know that both of you know your stuff well enough for me to just wing it based on your suggestions and a bit of my own research.

XLU would probably be exactly what I want for this one and maybe even for my own portfolio, however I'm stuck in Europe and the Stasi doesn't let me buy US ETF's. I can get a direct XLU copy from several exchanges in Europe but these seem to be the type that reinvests the dividends into the fund itself. That is not a bad option at all regarding taxes but not having that cash hit the account is indeed something I'm not a big fan of and something I need to investigate a bit further.

Current, very much work in progress version:
JNJ (already bought)
LHX (already bought)
XLU or XEL
PEP
Still missing a tech. Looking at the different options you guys posted but even those seem overvalued. And yes I do realize that I probably won't find anything undervalued here... an option would be just to forget about tech for the moment and add one when it finally dips.

Also TMO is probably going into this one. That'll make it two in healthcare but I won't budge from having JNJ in a portfolio like this and I was asked to look into TMO. I do think that the numbers show a good steady DGI company, just quite a bit overvalued right now due to the increased revenue/earnings from covid.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's make a 5-6 stock portfolio! - by EricL - 03-27-2021, 09:35 AM
RE: Let's make a 5-6 stock portfolio! - by crimsonghost747 - 03-27-2021, 12:42 PM
RE: Let's make a 5-6 stock portfolio! - by EricL - 03-27-2021, 04:32 PM
RE: Let's make a 5-6 stock portfolio! - by ChadR - 03-28-2021, 05:25 PM
RE: Let's make a 5-6 stock portfolio! - by EricL - 03-28-2021, 09:50 AM
RE: Let's make a 5-6 stock portfolio! - by rayray - 06-05-2021, 06:20 PM
RE: Let's make a 5-6 stock portfolio! - by rayray - 06-08-2021, 09:33 AM
RE: Let's make a 5-6 stock portfolio! - by rayray - 06-12-2021, 07:25 AM
RE: Let's make a 5-6 stock portfolio! - by rayray - 06-22-2021, 07:06 PM