Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your investing 2021 New Years resolution?
I've been struggling with this.  In 2020, I strategically invested during the Covid crash, notably grew my cash holdings, increased my technology holdings, and increased the quality of my portfolio (by selling "garbage", etc.).  In 2021, I would like to:

1. Get back to investing in quality, dividend stocks (instead of growing my cash holdings)
  2. Experiment using High Yield CEFs/Stocks and/or Options to fund purchasing DGI stocks.  My portfolio is just now getting to the point where this is feasible.
  3. Find the right balance between #1, #2, and saving cash.
  4. Be better prepared for the next dip.  I missed out on Dec. of 2018, but did reasonably well during the Covid Crash.  During the next major dip I want to be a bit more risky/bold than I was during the Covid Crash.
  5. Evaluate using a paid service to help make better informed decisions.
  6. I'm rather cautious.  I'd like to get better at knowing when to be bold.
Its hard to articulate, but my portfolio has grown up this year (vs growing out).  I want to keep that feeling while learning new techniques and skills to augment it (using High Yield and/or Options to fund more DGI oriented stocks).

Paul

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's your investing 2021 New Years resolution? - by pdaignau - 01-03-2021, 07:27 PM