Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your investing 2021 New Years resolution?
I really don't do resolutions, but this is as good a time as any to refocus.  I am self critical by nature, whether I am up or down 25% in a given year I strive to improve.  2020 was a struggle to recover from the Covid crash.  I made some mistakes along the way but the huge loss was recovered.  But rather than dwelling on the past here is my focus for 2021. 

1. Improve the quality of my top ten care holdings.  Be a little more patient with selling winners, if I sell at all.  When I do sell it's rarely a mistake to sell very gradually, especially with no commission trades.  I've learned this lesson time and time again but I need to improve.  

2.  Don't hold garbage forever.  If it was a real bad idea, it won't likely get better with age.  Patience is good, but opportunity costs do matter, and praying may not be a good investment strategy.         

3.  A little more focus on quality dividend growth and less emphasis on current yield.  Had a good year with income stocks due to my option strategy.  It's a dangerous game when the macro financials change, and someday they will.

4.  Continue my put selling strategy with very few changes.  It saved me this year and allowed me to meet some goals.  Those others baskets I need in a few years were funded ahead of the plan.  Now I need to stay the course and feed my new growthy port.  

5.  Keep trading, because it's fun, but keep the trades small.  There is rarely time to adequately research what I am getting into.  I put a lot of time into investing/trading, but I can't properly track 100 stocks.  The bull has been forgiving.  The bear never is.

I need to refine this list and tape it by my monitor.  Crazy markets can change goals.

Messages In This Thread
What's your investing 2021 New Years resolution? - by fenders53 - 01-03-2021, 01:52 PM