Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me design a growthy port please.
I know you don't particularly like the sector, and growth is hard to see these days, but how about airlines? 5 years sounds like a pretty good timeline for things to return to normal, and as you are well aware the stocks are anywhere between -50% and -75% from where they were at the start of the year.

Same logic could be used for cruise line stocks. And probably some restaurant stocks too. The idea with all of these is that if you are indeed planning on using the money in about 5 years, these could bring in some decent capital gains simply because they are absolutely destroyed right now.

Tech:
UI has done some tremendous things in the past years but the growth has been slowing down and it's definitely too expensive right now. I wouldn't recommend buying now but worth keeping your eyes on it. Also a potential buyout target since the CEO owns something like 85% already and share repurchases are eating up the remaining shares.

U is a very interesting company in the tech space. Super highly valued and no real historical data yet as it just IPO'd last month or something like that.

V and/or MA would also fit pretty well I think.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help me design a growthy port please. - by crimsonghost747 - 10-16-2020, 04:04 AM