Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me design a growthy port please.
I'm a "basket" guy and long story short one of my baskets is now full.  My Age 60-61 fund is complete and safely enough sitting in an ultra short term bond fund.  Although not it's purpose, I suppose I would siphon some back into equities in the event of an epic market crash.  Let's not think about that because we'd all be very sad before I did that. 

So that leaves no place to send my monthly income stream which is 1/3 dividends and 2/3rds premiums from selling options.  It's been a reliable income stream 10+ months a year.  For the next two years I want to build a growthier port with the cash.  Little overlap with my main port which most of you probably know by now is concentrated in UTEs, Pharma and Defense stocks.  Lets assume I have $2500 monthly I would be adding to this new port.  I haven't spent the OCT 1 money yet.  For now I think I want to start with 5-10 stocks, large and mid-cap for now.  A little spec could come later but I don't want to blow it up with excess risk starting out as that will kill my motivation.  I am hopeful I could use this money in 5 years, but I could delay that if necessary.

-for now I am thinking about 50% tech-fintech.  (QQQ may be part of it until I find a better deal on individual stocks)
-maybe one renewable energy stock but they need to pull back hard, they are insanely overvalued
-one REIT
-one retailer 
-a couple industrials/transport
-perhaps one stock/ETF that is counter-cyclical to equities.  Just to have a place to stick some cash when the rest of the port has run real hard to fast
-maybe one defense stock if I see a deal
-open to other sectors not mentioned
-NO high yield no growth stocks.  I have plenty of that in my main port.  Divs are nice but not required.
-The intent is to not trade this for years, though if something doubled fast I might trim it a bit. 

I have a few tickers in mind, but not many.  I'll wait for suggestions before I mention them.

Messages In This Thread
Help me design a growthy port please. - by fenders53 - 10-15-2020, 01:05 PM