Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Depot, an ongoing discussion....
(05-15-2019, 07:36 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I thought some of you might find this interesting...

I was talking to my fellow associate that works the electrical department the other day. We were talking HD stock. He has been there since before they went public, so a very long time. Put a lot of his early pay in company shares. He has a few hundred shares now. Something important came up long ago and he sold off the 109,000 shares he once had for a couple bucks a share split adjusted. I just wanted to puke when he told me that. He sure wouldn't need to be selling ceiling fans and circuit breakers had he kept half those shares.  He is a good guy and it made me really sad to hear him share that story.

millions and millions of dollars

So far, my only regrets have been on the sell side...and this is why I don't do it--I don't sell. Of course that doesn't mean I'm out there gambling in the stock market. I figure so far my sells have cost me at least 400 to 500k so far if I didn't sell.

I'm talking about individual stocks not mutual funds...eventually all my mutual funds will be gone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Home Depot, an ongoing discussion.... - by Binary - 02-26-2019, 06:22 AM
RE: Home Depot, an ongoing discussion.... - by rayray - 05-15-2019, 07:50 PM