Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Depot, an ongoing discussion....
(02-28-2019, 02:01 PM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: LOW ended up buying a chain here in Canada called Rona a few years ago and have been converting all the stores to LOW brand (and closing some other ones). There are still a few leftover called Rona, but I believe they are being converted to LOW brandname.

I hear you that the disposable income is probably higher in US, but an economically rising demographic such as Asia probably provides a good opportunity for companies like HD/LOW to enter the markets. I just did a quick search and looks like HD has tried some expansions in intl markets, but continue to focus on US market instead....perhaps a lack of traction in business internationally.

I think it comes down to the high cost of establishing new distribution, and the near-term cost on profits.  I would have thought Canada would be fairly easy, but I think Lowe's missed there again, as recently as yesterday.  Your point remains valid though.  The US market is saturated.  These companies find a way to meaningfully grow revs some year soon, or they cease to be a great investment.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Home Depot, an ongoing discussion.... - by Binary - 02-26-2019, 06:22 AM
RE: Home Depot, an ongoing discussion.... - by fenders53 - 02-28-2019, 02:25 PM