Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
(10-06-2020, 08:46 AM)NilesMike Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 08:08 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Right or wrong, you gotta have a thesis to feel more comfortable with your trades in the short-term.  Forcing a trade can cause more bad decisions a week or two from now.  

There is no one size fits all. My strategy is an amalgam learned from several people and fits my style.

People should take away bits and pieces and add their own seasonings-LOL

I'm convinced what we are doing is sound enough that you don't have to get it perfect to live a happy investment income life lol.  I am no investment pro for sure, but I'm sure I am well over 1000 trades the past two years.  If it was a bad idea I'd  likely know by now.  Smile  As boring as it is, running through some T and KO trades is probably best as they won't freefall in a week no matter what the market does.  And I want to keep emphasizing this is NOT all we do with our ports.  While I think I mostly could just do this with my entire port, that is an awfully bold statement knowing the market could crash some month soon, and stay down for years.  If the market flies to the moon this strat will usually underperform going all in long instead.  We'll navigate the big swings when it happens.

Messages In This Thread
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by fenders53 - 10-06-2020, 09:04 AM