Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo tax or...?
I'm walking away from my tax accountant. As my father was a CPA, I got all my taxes done for free until he passed away about 6 years ago. The first fellow I hired was great--even reminded me a little of Dad--and then he retired (selling the firm). I've been through 3 accountants there since then (they keep quitting) in as many years. And the price vs. service is at such a wide divergence as to warrant action.

Therefore, I'm going to give automation a try (seeing as must brokerages, banks, etc will download directly to one or more of the tax platforms). Turbo Tax seems the no-brainer here, but I thought I'd ask you all what you prefer.

Just for some background: I have a considerable income from CA-Muni's and corporate bonds, the rest comes from RIETS, MLP's and C Corp equities.

I earn about $10,000 from property rentals, and a bit more from part-time teaching, with a little independent contractor work here and there.

Obviously, the W-2, 1099's, etc are not the challenge, but rather K-1's and access to guidance.

So, what do you all use?

Ronn

Messages In This Thread
Turbo tax or...? - by ronn38 - 02-03-2018, 11:38 AM
RE: Turbo tax or...? - by Kerim - 02-03-2018, 02:53 PM
RE: Turbo tax or...? - by ChadR - 02-05-2018, 09:54 AM
RE: Turbo tax or...? - by Dividend Watcher - 02-05-2018, 06:34 PM
RE: Turbo tax or...? - by ChadR - 02-06-2018, 10:10 AM