Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting over
Thank you all for the responses. They are helpful in the continued development of my investment strategy.
I decided to redo my cash account so my fiancé wouldn't have to pay my capital gains. The old portfolio consist of LMT, AEP, PFE, XOM, BAC, CHFC, DPS, UNP, ETN, LXP, AND WPG. I'm not a fan of certain stocks, like ones that sell tobacco or soda. Wife-to-be doesn't want non-union, anti-environmental, war/defense stocks. (She loves SBUX.)
Yes, my portfolio was REIT heavy. I like REITs as well as BDCs, and look at them like a bond with more upside. I believe they would serve me better in the Roth account do to tax reasons.
I do agree that my plan to structure a consistent monthly portfolio based on the dividend pay dates is not necessary the best idea for picking the best stocks.
So with all this in mind, I made changes to the cash account. Wanted to find qualified dividend paying stocks in different sectors with focus on dividend growth over yield.

D, EIX, MMM, ITW, DAL, GLW, AAPL, CSCO, TXN, CE, PRU, BEN, LM, HRL, CVS, HD, SBUX, VLO, AMGN, ABBV.

I crunched numbers; used chowder rule; think these stocks could double their dividend in 5 years.

Messages In This Thread
Starting over - by Bobo - 02-24-2018, 08:41 PM
RE: Starting over - by EricL - 02-25-2018, 12:01 AM
RE: Starting over - by Kerim - 02-25-2018, 12:39 PM
RE: Starting over - by ken-do-nim - 02-05-2021, 09:21 AM
RE: Starting over - by ChadR - 02-26-2018, 09:55 AM
RE: Starting over - by crimsonghost747 - 02-28-2018, 04:14 AM
RE: Starting over - by Bobo - 04-10-2018, 08:30 AM