Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First steps of my portfolio
Rainbow 
Hello,

First of all I would like to comment about some general "rules" I use to build the portfolio:

- I am not expert in valuation of companies. I usually read a lot of articles mainly in SA and some blogs to decide what is interesting and what not and after this I use finviz screener to track easily all the companies I have decided to watch. 

- The most important parameters for me to take my decissions are P/E, forward P/E, PEG, EPS this year, next year, next 5 years and past 5 years, payout ratio. I don´t have strict rules about this, just a mix of evrything I consider good is enough for me.

- I am adding to the portfolio (or trying at least 2000$) per month, also reinvesting the dividends of my Spanish portfolio (roughly 3000 euros year). 

- I am buying 1000$ each time, so I will make around 25 purchases per year.

- I consider 11 sectors for a good diversification: healthcare, energy, basic materials, technology, utilities, financials, consumer discretionary, consumer staples, telecom, REIT and industrials.

- I would like to have 30-40 holdings.

Please comment if any comments about this general strategy and of course feel free to criticize whatever you may consider!

I will continue with my portfolio in next post

Messages In This Thread
First steps of my portfolio - by elmagoayulin - 01-03-2018, 02:55 PM
RE: First steps of my portfolio - by ChadR - 01-03-2018, 03:06 PM
RE: First steps of my portfolio - by elmagoayulin - 01-14-2018, 03:28 PM
RE: First steps of my portfolio - by ChadR - 01-15-2018, 10:10 AM