Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Portfolio in 12 months - 1042 Rollover
And to extrapolate a little more on the monetization loan it charges a LIBOR based rate that floats along with my floating rate notes.  So the spread is always the same.  The 10% of my portfolio that is equities will hopefully generate additional cash from dividends that is used to offset the spread between what the notes pay and the loan charges.  Depending on where I land with the final portfolio I should be looking at roughly a 1 to 1.5% pre-tax interest cost.  Effective cost should be much less.  So I'm avoiding a near 30% cap gains hit for a cost of probably sub 1% per year.  Even the most conservative portfolio should come out ahead over the long term.  

The cherry is at my death it goes to heirs at a stepped up basis so there is a built in inheritance portion as well.  What could that portfolio look like in 30-40 years if left to grow, even without dividend re-investment.  Hopefully decent!

And the Floating Rate Notes are in Citi, JPM, UPS, USBank, JNJ, & Colgate Palmolive.  You aren't allowed to have one name make up more than 25% of the portfolio (another rule!). Anyways, they are about as secure as you can get.  That's why banks will loan back 90% on the value of the note.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Portfolio in 12 months - 1042 Rollover - by coffeyman76 - 01-19-2018, 08:17 AM