Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walmart
As much as I have trashed the WMT shopping experience, I think it will be a very good stock to own longer term.

I tend to think of WMT as where the lower income folks shop; I know that's not entirely true and I mean no disrespect, but it's largely true in my opinion.

We've all seen the "People of Walmart" pics and they're over the top in their overall representation of Walmart, but honestly, you probably wouldn't be totally shocked to see some of that in any Walmart you happened to shop at.

It's seems populated by 30% people who like to save a buck and 70% people who MUST save a buck. A lot of mediocre "junky" products too makes it like high level dumpster diving.

Of course this is just my perception of Walmart and it's probably a bit harsh, but I can qualify it by having been in many, many dozens of stores in my work travels, which are considerable by anyone's standard.

What I'm getting at though is since the Gov't is satisfied to pay a large percentage of the workforce to lay around and do nothing, and good full time "real" jobs are scarce, it seems WMT will have an increasing number of shoppers if we keep doing what we're doing. It seems inevitable.

I recently heard 20% of the country is receiving food stamps and 40% receive some kind of gov't assistance. I didn't research these numbers but if they're anywhere near accurate it's an outrageously poor economic condition for the country to be in. Again just my opinion and I'm not looking for a fight, but this isn't good.

If we keep heading this way we'll have more people with less money, and WMT will be a big beneficiary. Discuss, thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Walmart - by Horace Cugle - 08-16-2013, 12:19 PM
RE: Walmart - by Kerim - 08-17-2013, 01:44 PM
RE: Walmart - by Horace Cugle - 08-18-2013, 07:23 AM
RE: Walmart - by Kerim - 08-18-2013, 08:47 AM
RE: Walmart - by Horace Cugle - 08-18-2013, 11:17 AM
RE: Walmart - by TomK - 08-20-2013, 02:42 PM