Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 - year in review, thoughts about the future
Great post, CG -- thanks. Sounds like 2016 was a nice uptrend for you. Very glad to hear that. What is life like in the Netherlands? How did you land there?

As for me, 2016 continued a very rough run in my life. Lost my second parent in an many years, my daughter's health was pretty iffy, and I spent a lot of time continuing to work out my divorce. My baseline life demands are pretty high, between the job and caring for my daughter (with the ongoing medical issues). Having to deal with two parent deaths and the divorce on top of that have made the past couple of years pretty sucky.

BUT, I am hopeful that the divorce will be finalized in the first half of 2017. Not only will that free up the time and energy going to that process, but it will also resolve the financial uncertainty I've been living under for a couple of years. It will be nice to be able to start planning again in earnest. I am also hopeful that I will get both of my parents' estates completed in 2017. Again, that will free up a ton of time and energy -- I never imagined it would be so intensive wrapping up their lives. With luck, after all is said and done, there will be a small bit of an inheritance. So maybe I'll be able to think about investing some again before too long.

So, overall my life continues pretty crazy, but not nearly as bad as 2015, and I am really excited to think that 2017 -- busy as it will be -- will see a big move back toward normal (whatever that is). I'm not trying to make too many resolutions or plans at the moment. Just trying to stay productive and move myself toward the easing up that I am looking forward to. Once I get there, I'll start planning what I was the next phase of my life to look like. 

I have started dating again, which has been pretty exciting. Bizarre to feel like I am back in high school at 47 years old.  Tongue

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 - year in review, thoughts about the future - by Kerim - 01-01-2017, 01:31 PM