Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
separate portfolios of different DGI types
Hmm ... more supporters to my feeling about rentals. Looks like I need to wake up the devil's adovacate in me. 

DW, 
it might make sense to have two accounts for separate income for a German couple in retirement. The one with low or no income can be included in health insurance of the other. Also, if one  broker goes broke (err... pun or common etymology?), money or shares may be gone. I never dared to ask Interactivebrokers what will happen to my shares, if all their servers burn down. 

One spreedsheet for two stock bussiness may work, if I add "discipline" to the bussiness plan. In earlier years, I caught myself to use proceeds of a low risk stock to buy highly speculative stuff. 

Cav.,
thanks, I almost overlooked the legacy part of the bussiness.  it. The devil's adocate is awake now: My wife is older than me but with respect to family health records possibly will outlive me. And although she graduated and runs a bussiness, she is .... umm, challenged(?) concerning paperwork. She would rather rapair a rental property than to writing a letter or an email or use the internet. Looks like I should keep it as simple as possible. 

Still, I wellcome more opinions. Perhaps someone how keeps REITS or other stock types as a bussiness separated from DGI ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: separate portfolios of different DGI types - by Forticus - 07-20-2016, 10:40 AM