Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
separate portfolios of different DGI types
I have never had an interest in rental real estate either. Doesn't matter if commercial or residential. I have been a tenant in both aspects and, although I never would bother the landlord for picayune stuff like a drippy faucet, I know many that do and at any hour they feel like it.

Martin, I don't know anything about German tax or securities law but, unless there is a specific reason to separate the funds for those reasons, I would keep all my funds in the same account or at least the same brokerage. I agree that, for your own curiosity, you could keep the funds segregated in a spreadsheet but the larger pot of money you have with an institution oftentimes let's you negotiate with them for comps, lower commissions or whatever.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Messages In This Thread
RE: separate portfolios of different DGI types - by Dividend Watcher - 07-19-2016, 03:36 PM