Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
separate portfolios of different DGI types
There are a lot of everdevelopingchanging ideas in my head, some written down but also changing. I would like to ask for some input on a multi-bussiness plan.
As I wrote before, my wife an I are self-employed. She owns the bussiness and I am her employee (office and field service). I own the premisses (shop) and rent it to her. With retirement, we will loose income from bussiness and rental property - bussiness and premisses are comprise an integrated package and must be sold together or given up.
I plan to replace the income stream from the bussiness by a DGI portfolio. 
Our tax consultant recomments to replace rental income from the shop by buying other rental property. 
My gut feeling (and experience) is, that with rental property I will not be Time and Location Independend (TLI). So I am interested to replace the rental income by a second type and separate DGI portfolio from the first, holding REITs for example:

DGI portfolio type I :  70% of stocks at an average of 3% dividend yield, and say 7% dividend growth
DGI portfolio type II: 30% ... at 7% yield and 3% DGR.
This would be two bussinesses.

About time to get to the question(s):
What is your opinion and/or experience with replacing rental property by a stock portfolio?
What is your opinion and/or experience in running type I and type II seperatly or as one hybrid portfolio?

Messages In This Thread
separate portfolios of different DGI types - by Forticus - 07-19-2016, 06:06 AM