Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brokerage--Maybe a move?
Okay, after looking at everything long and hard, considering my options I decided to keep the Vanguard account. The main reason is that for the time being I will stay invested in the Vanguard U.S. Healthcare Fund, it has been a great investment over the last 20 years and I don't anticipate that changing over the next several years. I'm not only a Vanguard fan but I also have my utmost respect for the Wellington Management team. It's also in a sector that I don't really plan on or want to venture into on a DGI individual stock basis. For some reason, when looking at companies to invest my hard earned dollars I tend to shy away from the Healthcare sector in broad terms, quite frankly, I don't particularly enjoy it as much as looking at other sectors. I know, numbers are numbers; however, I personally need an interest beyond numbers on a spreadsheet. I'm sure there are perfectly sound healthcare mutual funds out there, but since I have no complaints with Vanguard that's where I decided to stay "Lazy" when concerning that diversification within the portfolio. So, at this time, the Vanguard account stays put.

If I was going to dump the Vanguard U.S Healthcare Fund and loose my $7 privileges, I would move to Fidelity as my brokerage. Their investment tools are amazing!!

Messages In This Thread
Brokerage--Maybe a move? - by rayray - 05-17-2016, 09:57 PM
RE: Brokerage--Maybe a move? - by Rasec - 05-17-2016, 11:46 PM
RE: Brokerage--Maybe a move? - by rayray - 05-18-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: Brokerage--Maybe a move? - by DividendGarden - 05-18-2016, 01:20 PM
RE: Brokerage--Maybe a move? - by rayray - 05-22-2016, 01:58 PM